Excerpted from Taste of Home: Best Loved Recipes: 1485 Favorites from the World’s #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine
By Taste of Home
Prep: 40 min.
Bake: 15 min.
Yield: 24 servings
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2-½ cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- ½ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-¼ cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips or ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Roll dough into two 16-in. x 10-in. rectangles; transfer to ungreased baking sheets and build up edges slightly.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning; cook chicken in the drippings until no longer pink. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Spread sauce over crusts; top with chicken mixture, bacon, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle with blue cheese, basil and thyme; top with provolone and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (12 pieces each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 738 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 118 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
About Taste of Home
Taste of Home is America’s connection to the personal recipes of people who cook at home as a way to bring family and friends together, particularly at the holidays. Each year, thousands of people from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published. Every recipe that is published is carefully evaluated and selected by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients. Taste of Home content is available in print; online at Tasteofhome.com; in books; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps and Kindle; and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Obtain a subscription www.TasteofHome.com or on your favorite digital download device.