This post is full of goodies, so keep reading to the bottom. I have a wonderful Peppermint Martini, a guest post, appetizer ideas, and a giveaway. Trust me…I don’t think I could pack anymore goodness into this post, even if I wanted to.
This cocktail is super festive and fun, but be warned….it is strong. Too strong for you…add some extra simple syrup to tame it a bit. It makes a beautiful cocktail for all those holiday parties this time of year.
Speaking of parties, I was over at my local Whole Foods the other day and realized there are a TON of great options for easy AND CHEAP entertaining. I never would have put party and Whole Foods together in a sentence until last week. Now, I can’t wait for my first party of the season. Besides learning that I can order party platters, here are some of my great finds:
Whole Foods Organic Truffles, Truffled Walnuts, Mini Quiche Trio, Chicken Taquitos, and Potstickers….oh my goodness those taquitos are amazing and heat up in no time at all. Don’t forget they have a wonderful assortment of cheeses and paired with their Entertaining Assortment of Crackers and some nuts you’d have a beautiful cheese platter. No party is complete without some bubbly. I can’t wait to pop open the bottle of Presto Prosecco that I picked up or for a non-alcoholic party, they have tons of fixin’s for Italian Sodas.
They really do have everything you need for a great holiday party. Of course, don’t forget to pick up the ingredients for my two cocktails to really send your party over the top!
- 2 oz Peppermint Schnapps's
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz simple syrup
- candy canes
- white chocolate and crushed candy canes, opt
- Melt ¼ cup white chocolate chips in microwave until melted. Dip rim of martini glass in melted white chocolate and then in crushed candies.
- Add schnapp's, vodka, simple syrup, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Mix well and then strain into prepared martini glass. Add a candy cane to glass. The candy cane will add the color and an extra minty punch. (Or if your inpatient and really want it red without waiting, add a couple drops of red food dye.)
- *Make ahead and keep in the fridge until party time.*
And if you need more cocktail inspiration check out my guest post today over at Cocktails with Mom. I’m featuring my Chocolate Covered Cherry Cocktail created after my favorite holiday treat!
You won’t want to miss that one!
Oh and if you live in Arizona….check out my giveaway for another $25 gc to Whole Foods on East Valley Mom Guide (only for AZ folks). You can enter both, but you can win only once.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Whole Foods AZ provided me with a selection of appetizers and compensation to facilitate my review. All opinions and recipes are my own.