I’m always in the kitchen! Always! That’s where the chocolate and Coke are hidden. I do come out occasionally to spend time with my 2 rambunctious kids and Hubbyman!
I have been cooking as long as I can remember. My mom taught me how to cook when I was younger and when I finally left home, I was able to prepare meals instead of boxed dinners or take out. I think this is what won my hubbyman’s heart. The recipes on AMFT are mostly from scratch and perfect for the whole family….even my picky kids have to give their approval before it gets posted for y’all!
Even though I cook mostly from scratch, I do take the occasional short cut when in a time crunch (aka Ju Jitsu nights, Girl Scout nights, and soccer days). I try my best to feed my family healthy foods, but I also love to decorate cakes.
I love to grind my own grains for breads, I raise chickens for fresh eggs, I have a bunch of fruit trees (we call it a mini-orchard), and I plan on starting a garden this fall. But even though I love grinding my grains and raising hens for eggs…you need to know that I am allergic to wheat, eggs, and extremely allergic to dairy. So, this website has been a journey from when my daughter couldn’t have any food dyes, to completely from scratch meals, to some gluten/dairy free recipes now. You’ll find good ol’ basic recipes that are perfect whether you are gluten and dairy free or not.
I published Smoke It Like A Pit Master in October 2016 and I’m currently writing my second cookbook, which will be released Spring 2018.
In addition to recipes, I share our family travel adventures and homemaking tips and tricks. What started off as a fun place to put my ideas down for my friends has become my fulltime job and I love every minute of it.
Little known facts about me…
- I’m a Native Texan, but call Arizona my home now.
- I’m a lover of all things chocolate.
- You will always find me with a Coke or a Dutch Bros Coffee.
- I married my high school sweetheart over 19 years ago…he is the love of my life.
- I’m a stay-at -home mom.
- My daughter has a food-dye allergy.
- I refuse to touch dirty napkins or tissues.
- Before kids, I worked for the Arizona Supreme Court reviewing cases of kids in foster care for JV judges.
- I store my sun-glasses on top of my head and then forget where I put them (way too often).
- I hate artichokes, sour cream, and flan.
- I have 7 slow cookers and 3 pressure cookers that I love using…okay I’m slightly obsessed.
- Love living in AZ where we can grill out 365 days a year (if I’m not using my slow cooker).
- I could eat Mexican food all day, every day for the rest of my life.
- My last meal would be Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, and fried okra. With a large Iced Tea. Well..I think this meal might kill me now.
- I strive to be a gentle Christian mother who focuses on attachment parenting.
- I’m a former Girl Scout Leader and a former La Leche League Leader.
- I own a blogger conference, Blended Conference and co-own a hyperlocal site East Valley Mom Guide with my best friend.
If you like what you see here, please follow me or send me an email (email@example.com)
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.