The flavors I created were:
Maple Almond – 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp pure almond extract
Cinnamon Vanilla – 1 tsp cinnamon extract and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
Mocha – 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp espresso powder
Coffee – 1/2 tbsp espresso powder
Homemade Coffee Creamers
- 4- 8oz canning jars
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Half and Half
- see below for flavor combos
- Add equal parts sweetened condensed milk and half and half to each jar. (I used up the whole can of milk and left about an inch of room at the top of each jar for flavorings and shaking space.)
- Maple Almond - 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp pure almond extract
- Cinnamon Vanilla - 1 tsp cinnamon extract and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Mocha - 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp espresso powder
- Coffee - 1/2 tbsp espresso powder
- Once the flavors are added, screw on the lids and shake them well before refrigerating. Label each jar lid with a sharpie!
- Chill them for at least one hour, brew some coffee, and enjoy.
- Note: If you're working with powders like cocoa and espresso, shaking won't be enough to get everything fully incorporated, so you'll want to use a blender or food processor, mix, and then pour the creamer into your jar. If you prefer a rich creamer, you can substitute heavy cream for half and half.
- © Around My Family Table
!Other Flavor Combos to Try: Some other flavors I'll be trying are:
Mint Chocolate Chip Ginger Almond Spice Chocolate Raspberry
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.