This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I think I’ve mentioned before that Angel Food Cake is my all time favorite cake. It’s a little sweet, a little tangy, and light and fluffy! I ask for it every year for my birthday and my husband always makes it for me. Not from scratch, but that’s okay…it’s wonderful to know he made me a cake for my birthday. Well, it’s been a while since my birthday and I was craving angel food cake, but I wanted something a bit different than the old strawberries, cream, and angel food cake. It’s spring and the berries are all so sweet this time of year, so I decided on making this Lemon Berry Trifle.
I love combining plain or vanilla yogurt with lemon curd for a fruit dip, so why not top off some cake and add some berries! Didn’t it turn out beautiful? That’s my lovely Mother-in-law in the picture. My in-laws came over for supper the night I served this, so I made her earn her share of supper by posing for the picture. Um…I think the 6 of us finished off this entire dessert….it was THAT good.
I don’t have a great scratch angel food cake recipe. I’m still working on perfecting mine, so I’m not sharing my recipe just yet. Do you have a good one? I’d love to try it out!
- 16 oz angel food cake
- 8 oz whipped topping or whipped cream
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1-2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Cut angel food cake in to 1-2 inch cubes. Place in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Combine thawed whipped topping with yogurt and lemon curd. Mix well until the lemon curd is completely incorporated into the yogurt mixture. Spread evenly over the angel food cake.
- Top with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with lemon peel to show that it's a lemon-y trifle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 218Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.