I think I’ve mentioned before that Angel Food Cake is my all time favorite cake. It’s a little sweet, a little tangy, and light and fluffy! I ask for it every year for my birthday and my husband always makes it for me. Not from scratch, but that’s okay…it’s wonderful to know he made me a cake for my birthday. Well, it’s been a while since my birthday and I was craving angel food cake, but I wanted something a bit different than the old strawberries, cream, and angel food cake. It’s spring and the berries are all so sweet this time of year, so I decided on making this Lemon Berry Trifle.
I love combining plain or vanilla yogurt with lemon curd for a fruit dip, so why not top off some cake and add some berries! Didn’t it turn out beautiful? That’s my lovely Mother-in-law in the picture. My in-laws came over for supper the night I served this, so I made her earn her share of supper by posing for the picture. Um…I think the 6 of us finished off this entire dessert….it was THAT good.
I don’t have a great scratch angel food cake recipe. I’m still working on perfecting mine, so I’m not sharing my recipe just yet. Do you have a good one? I’d love to try it out!
Lemon Berry Trifle
- 16oz angel food cake
- 8oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1-2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Cut angel food cake in to 1-2 inch cubes. Place in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Combine thawed whipped topping with yogurt and lemon curd. Mix well until the lemon curd is completely incorporated into the yogurt mixture. Spread evenly over the angel food cake.
- Top with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with lemon peel to show that it's a lemon-y trifle.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2391kcal Calories from fat 694|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 77g||118%|
|Saturated Fat 46g||230%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.