Everyone says the same thing when they first try this dip. They tell me, “the is the The Best Chile con Queso EVER”! I kid you not, it’s the number one dish people ask me to bring when we going to a party. Luckily, it’s also the easiest thing to bring to party too.
Whether, I’m taking this dip to a party or hosting a big SuperBowl event at my house, it’s always the first thing devoured…I never have leftovers. I think part of what everyone loves is that I don’t just bring a big ol’ bag of chips to go along with it.
When I partnered with José Olé to share my favorite way to serve up this snack, it was a no brainer. I always bring a big platter of taquitos to go with my chile con queso. Everyone goes crazy because I don’t just serve up chips with my dip…although adding those beautiful blue corn chips sure does look pretty.
One word of caution is to watch out for double dippers. Oh yes…they will come out of the woodwork if you aren’t careful. The dip is that dang good! So dip away, but don’t wait too long because it will be gone before you know it.
The Best Chile con Queso
- 1 lb block processed cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb colby cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies (or 8 oz fresh/frozen hatch green chiles)
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on high and stir frequently until melted and combined. 1-2 hours depending on your slow cooker's power. Maintain on low setting to keep cheese melted and party friendly. Serve with tortilla chips, taquitos, tacos, and your other favorite nacho dippers and toppings.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 124kcal Calories from fat 78|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of José Olé. The opinions and text are all mine.
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.