Take plain French Onion Dip from good to great when you add bacon. This French Onion & Bacon Dip will blow your mind.
I’m not proud of the fact that Hubbyman and I can finish off an entire bowl of this dip during a late night movie. We tend to stay up late on the weekends and watch movies while the kids are asleep. Hubbyman doesn’t have a sweet tooth…he has a salty chip tooth. Ha! So, I’ve learned to skip the sweets at night and enjoy a delicious salty treat with him.
I started off with just making a packet dip..you know the one. But with my dairy allergy, I had to learn how to make French Onion Dip without the packet. It’s way easier than you’d think and tastes 10,000 times better.
And then one day it hit me! ADD BACON! And so I did…and I’ve never looked back. Bacon takes classic French Onion Dip to a whole new level and you’ll be glad you went there!!! Just sayin’.
Warning…you may end up eating the whole bowl too. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
French Onion & Bacon Dip
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (12 oz) container sour cream (regular or dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion slices. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes or until onions are slightly caramelized (but not burnt).
- In a medium bowl, stir together onions and remaining ingredients (reserving a little crumbled bacon and parsley) until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours. Serve chilled with reserved bacon and parsley sprinkled on top.
You know I’m celebrating bacon month..all month long! Check out these 7 amazing bacon recipes from some of my friends! I think you’ll love them!
Bacon and Cheese Homemade Tater Tots from Ashlee Marie
French Onion & Bacon Dip from Around My Family Table
Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn from Cooking in Stilettos
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Bread Sticks from A Dash of Sanity
Spinach & Bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from Bread Booze Bacon
Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Balls from A Simple Pantry
Coffee Maple Bacon from Nomageddon
Southern Bacon-Fried Cabbage from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bacon Stout Risotto from Forking Up
Maple Bacon Monkey Muffins from It Is A Keeper
Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownies with Bacon Salt from Hey Grill, Hey
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.