This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Ghost & Mummy Halloween Pretzels are salty, sweet, and make a creepy-cute surprise for friends and trick-or-treaters alike.
Easy Halloween Treats
Sometimes we like to put together treat bags to pass out to our neighbor friends for Halloween. My daughter is getting to the age where kids aren’t focused so much on trick-or-treating, but it’s still fun to do something to celebrate. My son is still all about dressing up and getting that candy. Putting together a festive treat is a great solution. My kids had a blast making these Ghost & Mummy Halloween Pretzels and packaging them up for their friends. These were so easy and my kids just used the microwave to melt the chocolate, so hardly any mess. Even younger kids could make these with minimal assistance.
Ghost & Mummy Halloween Pretzels would also be cute for a halloween party or buffet spread. I love dessert treats that have that salty sweet combo, and these hit your taste buds in the best way.
Ghost & Mummy Halloween Pretzels
These pretzels could not be any easier to make either. And if you don’t use up all your chocolate, pour it into a glass container with a lid. The chocolate will save for a couple weeks and you can use it for other holidays, quick treats, after school snacks, or desserts.
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbls shortening
- 1 bag of pretzel rods
- festive sprinkles
- wax paper
- Line work area with wax paper.
- Place white chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. Stir and add one tablespoon of shortening. Return to microwave for an addition 15 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chips are melted and smooth.
- Dip one end of each pretzel in the melted chocolate. Cool for 30 seconds to 1 minute and add halloween colored sprinkles for eyes and mouth, then place on wax paper.
- For mummies, after dipping and eyes added, drizzle white chocolate across the pretzels using a spoon.
- Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.