This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Delicious low carb, Keto Scotcheroo Cookie Bars are made with butterscotch protein powder, peanut butter chips and have a rich chocolate topping. These healthy keto scotcheroos cookie bars are a fun dessert.
Keto Scotcheroo Cookie Bars
I had never heard of scotcheroos until I met my husband. His grandmother made them every year at Christmas and gave them out to everyone in the family. I quickly let her know how much I loved them, so I was included in the next year’s allotment. Yes allotment…everyone got their own plate because this family does not play fair with the scotcheroos. They will steal, sneak, lie, or just about anything to get more than the next person.
Soon after hubbyman and I were married, she gave me her recipe. It is very similar to the original recipe from Rice Krispies, but she said that I can share her recipe with everyone. Unfortunately, do to my allergies and diet restrictions I can no longer have them in the traditional form…so I came up with a way to enjoy the flavors, but in a keto friendly way. These Scotcheroos are also diabetic friendly and gluten free!
Ingredients to make these gluten free, keto friendly treats:
- vanilla extract
- keto friendly brown sugar
- almond flour
- Butterscotch Keto Chow (or any other Keto Chow flavor, other protein powders may work too)
- baking powder
- Lily’s peanut butter baking chips
- Lily’s semi-sweet or dark chocolate baking chips
Can I use a different protein powder?
I’m sure another protein powder will work; however, I haven’t tried this recipe using anything other than Keto Chow since that’s what I prefer. One serving of Butterscotch Keto Chow is 40.6g, so start there with your favorite protein powder. Leave a comment if you try a different brand. I think you’re gonna love these Keto Scotcheroo Cookie Bars.
Can I use a different flavor Keto Chow?
Absolutely! The sky’s the limit on your flavor combinations with these cookie bars. Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Chow with PB chips
- Peanut Butter Keto Chow with chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Keto Chow with pumpkin spice chips
- Strawberry Cream Keto Chow with white chocolate chips
- Chocolate Keto Chow with peppermint chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed keto-friendly brown sugar replacement
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 packet Butterscotch Keto Chow (or another flavor)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Lily's Peanut Butter chips
- 3/4 cup Lily's Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray an 8x8 pan with preferred non-stick spray. (I used avocado oil spray.)
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer on medium speed. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add in almond flour, baking powder, and Keto Chow and continue on medium speed until well combined. Stop mixing and scrape sides of the bowl a few times to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in peanut butter chips. Mix with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan and gently press to fill the entire area. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are set and start to turn a golden brown (It should feel more like a fully cooked cake at this point).
- Remove pan from oven and add chocolate chips on top. Put pan back in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the chocolate chips are shiny.
- Remove pan from oven again and use an offset spatula or butter knife to spread chocolate on top.
- Let cool until the chocolate hardens. Or let it cool on the counter for 30 minutes and then place in the refrigerator to fully cool and harden the chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 4gSugar Alcohols: 2gProtein: 5g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
Recent recipes you may have missed: