My mom makes a side dish (which should really be a dessert) that she calls Pink Stuff. It is delicious! I get cravings for it around the holidays, but I haven’t made it recently due to my daughter’s allergy to food dyes. So, I began a quest to come up with a version that used no dyes. It was a little harder to do than I originally expected. So much flavor came from those red/pink ingredients. But after several tries, I think I have it with this Pineapple Cherry Fluff!
It’s not as pretty to look at as Pink Stuff, but my Pineapple Cherry Fluff has tons of flavor and is dye free! It really is more of a dessert than a side dish, but I always serve it as a side dish. That’s so naughty, I know, but I can’t help it!
Pineapple Cherry Fluff
- 20 oz can Del Monte crushed pineapple, drained
- 14.5 oz can tart pitted cherries, drained*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (/4oz) packet unflavored gelatin, dry
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 -14oz fr-14ozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 /8cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- This dish is so easy and can be made a day in advance. It also freezes nicely too!
- * Tart pitted cherries can be found in the canned fruit aisle. This is not the same as cherry pie filling.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 35646kcal Calories from fat 8123|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 903g||1389%|
|Saturated Fat 528g||2640%|
|Dietary Fiber 100g||400%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Disclaimer: I received a Del Monte gift basket to help promote a contest.
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.