This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
My mom makes a side dish (which should really be a dessert) that she calls Pink Stuff. It is delicious! I get cravings for it around the holidays, but I haven’t made it recently due to my daughter’s allergy to food dyes. So, I began a quest to come up with a version that used no dyes. It was a little harder to do than I originally expected. So much flavor came from those red/pink ingredients. But after several tries, I think I have it with this Pineapple Cherry Fluff!
It’s not as pretty to look at as Pink Stuff, but my Pineapple Cherry Fluff has tons of flavor and is dye free! It really is more of a dessert than a side dish, but I always serve it as a side dish. That’s so naughty, I know, but I can’t help it!
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 14.5 oz tart cherries, pitted, drained * (See notes)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 oz unflavored gelatin, dry
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12-14 oz whipped topping
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice, from concentrate, thawed if frozen
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- This dish is so easy to make and can even be made a day in advance. It also freezes nicely!
- * Tart pitted cherries can be found in the canned fruit aisle. This is not the same as cherry pie filling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1033 Total Fat: 75g Saturated Fat: 61g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 119mg Carbohydrates: 88g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 86g Protein: 7g
Disclaimer: I received a Del Monte gift basket to help promote a contest.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.