This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Change up your traditional summer pasta salad for this Spicy Asian Pasta Salad, it will be the hit of all your summer parties! This pasta salad is full of fresh vegetables and topped with some crushed ramen noodles and slivered almonds.
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
Spicy Asian Pasta Salad
I’m a sucker for a good pasta salad during the hot summer months. Sometimes, it’s all I’ll eat for supper because it’s just so hot here in Arizona that I don’t want to eat. So a cold pasta salad totally hits the spot.
Pasta salads are also a great potluck dish. I love throwing together a spicy Asian pasta salad the night before a party or potluck. It seriously tastes better the next day and that means party day is less stressful too because the food is already done.
CHIU CHOW CHILI OIL
The secret ingredient to this spicy pasta salad is Lee Kum Kee’s Chiu Chow Chili Oil. Y’all!!!! This stuff is amazing! The smell alone makes my mouth start watering…it’s watering right now just thinking about it. It’s a savory chili sauce that’s made from the finest chilies and garlic blended with soy bean oil into a delightful spicy sauce. It’s made according to an authentic recipe from Chiu Chow, China (now you know where it gets its name). I’ve used it in dips and stir-fries but it’s absolutely delicious with noodles in my Spicy Asian Pasta Salad.
I love that Lee Kum Kee really makes it easy to enjoy authentic, restaurant-quality Asian tastes and flavors at home, through the delicious line of savory Asian sauces and condiments. And since they makes a wide range of great-tasting authentic Asian sauces and condiments, I know you’ll find something to elevate your summer celebrations.
Summer Pasta Salad
I love thinking outside the box and taking my favorite recipes and reinventing them with new flavors. Watch this quick video to see how easy it is to make this Spicy Asian Pasta Salad this summer.
- 8 oz linguine, broken in half
- 2 tbls sesame oil
- 2 tbls red wine vinegar
- 3 tbls Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 3 tbls honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsps Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 - 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 package ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large pot with boiling water cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sesame oil, red wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, Chiu Chow Chili Oil, and garlic. Add stir in vegetables and pasta to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Just before serving break ramen noodles into small pieces. Add ramen noodles and almonds to salad and and toss. Garnish with additional ramen, almonds, and sliced green onions. Serve chilled.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Lee Kum Kee. All opinions are my own.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans