This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I could eat the same thing for breakfast every day, but hubbyman loves a hearty breakfast on the weekends. My Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits are super easy and are perfect for a hearty breakfast, brunch, or even a holiday breakfast. They take a couple minutes to assemble, but then they bake away while you relax with family and friends.
Seriously, this breakfast is super easy and got lots of ohhhs and awwwws.
1. Cut biscuits in half.
2. Combine all the filling ingredients.
3. Place one round in the bottom of each tin and fill with meat/egg mixture.
4. Top with another biscuit round.
We really love these and there are so many ways to customize these stuffed biscuits, but I think this is our favorite so far. Use up your leftovers, cook the meat the night before, add some taco seasoning or salsa to the ground beef…whatever your little heart can think of!
- 2 cans (17.3 oz) refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Separate dough into 16 biscuits. With a knife, carefully cut each biscuit into 2 layers (making 32 dough rounds).
- Over medium-high heat, cook ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat and add onion, garlic, paprika, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until onion is softened. Remove from pan and place eggs in pan. Scramble eggs, but under cook them just a bit. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add in meat. Stir in cheese.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Gently press 16 dough rounds into the bottom of the pan and then halfway up side of cups. Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of egg/meat mixture on top of the rounds. Top each with a dough round and gently tuck dough edge into muffin cup.
- Brush top of biscuit with melted butter and top with a little more cheese.
- Bake 16 - 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove biscuits from muffin cups and place on a cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes, but serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 biscuits
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 340mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
All ingredients for this recipe were purchased at Smart & Final. The Fresh First Street Ground Beef and Cheddar Cheese are on sale next week at Smart & Final stores. You can follow the hashtag for other great recipes! #ChooseSmart
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #SocialFabric