He was really proud of himself .
And it’s impossible to mess up. The husband’s popcorn tasted delicious and was much better than those microwaveable bags of popcorn. And the best part is, if you make it at home you can control the seasonings, oil / butter and flavor to spice it up in any way you want (so you can make it taste great but still be really good for you). I like adding curry flavors to popcorn for a twist on the original: the spices are warm, aromatic and delicious, and just enhance the mild nutty flavor of the popcorn.
Curry Spiced Homemade Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour olive oil in heavy Dutch oven or large pot, heat over medium heat. Sprinkle popcorn evenly over oil. Cover loosely to allow steam to escape. Allow corn to pop until popping slows to 1 to 2 seconds between pops. Remove from heat; let stand 10 to 15 seconds to allow popping to stop. Season with salt, if desired. Pour onto parchment paper or clean paper bag to cool or serve immediately.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat until garlic is light golden; do not brown. Remove from heat; remove and discard garlic.
- Blend in curry powder, cumin and salt. Stir or whisk until spices are dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour seasoning mixture over popcorn while tossing or stirring to coat evenly. Season with additional salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 632kcal Calories from fat 620|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 69g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.