This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I made a delicious recipe using SPLENDA® Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Little does my company know, but use SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend for sweetening my onions with adding any extra sugar. I love these sweet swaps to save calories in my cooking and it helps me make better choices….even at a dinner party!
These beauties are just two scrumptious bites of heaven!
- pie dough - try my recipe, your own, or premade from the store
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 package herbed goat cheese
- chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out pie dough and cut circles using a cutter or a drinking cup to the size that's just slightly bigger than the cups in your pan. Gently place the rounds into each cup and gently form into the cups (don't press them in too hard or you will have trouble popping them out). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool and remove from pan gently.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add sliced onions and let cook for a couple minutes on medium high heat until they start to brown. Add SPLENDA® and continue cooking until the onions are soft and caramelized about more minutes. When onions are done, remove from heat and let cool.
- While tart shells and onions cool, set out the herbed goat cheese to soften.
- Fill tart shells with about 1 tbls of herbed goat cheese, top with caramelized onions and a couple small pieces of chive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 tart
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 104 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 89mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.