Oh, cookie bark….where have you been all my life? I’m sure this Valentine Cookie Bark will be followed by all sorts of holiday cookie barks this year. But right now, I’m all about the Valentine treats. Did you happen to notice the Valentine Brownies on Monday. Delish!
Lucky for me, this treat is easily transformed into a gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free dessert without a lot of trouble. With a couple simple swaps, it becomes allergy friendly and I no one will know. Not even picky kids or stubborn hubbys. Come on, I know I’m not the only one with a picky kid or hubby.
I used a gluten free/vegan chocolate sandwich cookie, dark chocolate, and skipped the M&M’s on half of the bark to keep it allergy friendly for my and some of my friends with crazy food allergies. When I think I’m startin’ to get the hang of this new lifestyle I get hit with some raw emotions for my favorite foods I will never again enjoy.
It’s been just under two months and the sad days are fewer and fewer. But when I can come up with something like this that is perfect for me and takes no real thought or extra effort then I just get all giddy inside.
Valentine Cookie Bark
Colorful and full of chocolate-y goodness, this Valentine Cookie Bark is the perfect treat for potlucks, parties, kids, classrooms, or your special Valentine.
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 16 oz chocolate (white, dark, milk, semi-sweet)
- 2 cups Valentine candy corns
- 1-2 cups Valentine M&M's
- Valentine sprinkles
- other Valentien colored candies, opt
- Line a small baking pan or a 9x13 casserole pan with parchment paper.
- Roughly break apart chocolate sandwich cookies and place in a single layer in pan. Add half of the candy corn to the cookies and spread evenly.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals (stirring in between) until melted and smooth. Gently pour over cookies evenly and spread to cover cookies.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate candies, candy corns, and sprinkles.
- Place pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to set up (or leave overnight like I did because I forgot). Pull the bark out of the pan using the parchment paper as a sling. Cut into large chunks for serving.
- (Make a large batch at the beginning of the holiday season and then store in a zip-top baggie in the freezer. Pull out what's needed for each holiday event and store the rest in the freezer.)
Allergy Friendly Options: Use dark chocolate, GF/DF chocolate sandwich cookies and skip the M&M's. © Around My Family Table
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3429kcal Calories from fat 1632|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 181g||278%|
|Saturated Fat 94g||470%|
|Dietary Fiber 39g||156%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.