I miss ice cream. I never ate a ton of it before, but I did love a good bowl of it on occasion. And I was a sucker for a good homemade ice cream recipe any day! There is just something so therapeutic about it, don’t you think? Come on…I can’t be the only one. If I didn’t tell you this Mango Cheesecake Ice Cream is completely dairy free you’d never know it! It’s so rich and creamy and just as decadent as any premium ice cream brand on the market.
A couple weeks ago, I attended BlogHer Food. A huge food blogger conference that was held in Austin, Texas this year. I met some great people and learned a ton, but I had the most fun attending some of the parties in the evenings. The National Mango Board set up a fun party one night with the most amazing Jalapeno Mango Margaritas. I could have had a dozen of them…they were so good. Well much to my surprise, a beautiful box of perfectly ripe mangos appeared at my door last week. We ate some, but mostly, I made ice cream!
Oh yeah I won this beauty at BlogHer Food too! A Ninja Kitchen System is now proudly sitting on my counter and has been used at least every day since she arrived! Sweet! I used the food processor bowl to puree the mangos and also blend the ice cream ingredients smooth. It worked like a charm! I’ve seen them in retail stores all over, but they are on Amazon too!
So what makes this dairy free? Swapping out traditional ingredients with Tofutti brand products like Better than Cream Cheese and Sour Supreme (Better than Sour Cream). Soy Milk by itself does not a high enough fat content to give the ice cream a rich creamy taste, but adding in the Tofutti Sour Supreme gives it the boost it needs.
In all honesty though, there are two spoons in the photo, but I have no intentions on sharing with anyone. Not my kids, not my friends, not even Hubbyman! Nope…this bowl was all mine! They can get their own bowl of heaven!
- 8 oz Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 cup Tofutti Sour Supreme (aka sour cream)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup vanilla soy milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mango puree (see below)
- 1.5 lbs chopped, ripe & fresh mango
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pureé the fruit and sugar together in a stand mixer or food processor. Chill in fridge till ready to use.
- In a stand mixer or food processor, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth (around 2 minutes).
- Add in the milk and vanilla and continue beating on medium until smooth. Churn in ice-cream maker until light, fluffy, and frozen.
- Add a thin layer of pureé on the bottom of your ice cream container. Top with a third of your ice cream and gently swirl with a spoon. Repeat layers and swirl, ending with a layer of ice cream. (You will most likely not use all of your mango puree. Save remainder for ice cream toppings.)
- ©Around My Family Table
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I was provided product from the Mango Board and Tofutti and won the Ninja Kitchen. I was not required to post anything about these, but I love them so I did. Tofutti is providing the giveaway items.