This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Wondering what to do with leftover Halloween candy? I’ve got 13 ways to use up Halloween candy that won’t put you on a sugar high.
Halloween was a few days ago and I’m so over the candy. The kids are begging for it now and too hyper from all the sugar. I swear the kids volume level increases with the amount of candy they consume. The candy isn’t a free-for-all at our house, but when the kids know it’s here they whine and beg for it CONSTANTLY!
So, I thought of a few ways to use up all that candy that doesn’t involve them just stuffing it in their face! My daughter helped me come up with these ideas and I think they are great!
What to do with Leftover Halloween Candy
1. Have the kids put it under their pillow and the “Candy Fairy” will leave a prize or money in exchange. (think Tooth Fairy)
2. Recipes with leftover Halloween candy. Bake a giant cookie, spread with frosting, and sprinkle with an assortment of broken candy pieces.
3. Send it to work with your spouse! I know my husband’s work loves to get goodies.
4. Save it for Thanksgiving and Christmas craft projects (ie Gingerbread houses).
5. Send leftover Halloween candy to troops. (don’t send chocolate…it might melt). Check here for a location near you to donate the candy if you don’t have a friend or family member to directly send it to.
6. Wondering if you can freeze leftover Halloween candy? Yes, you can totally freeze the chocolate candy that you didn’t use from #5.
7. Make ice cream Blizzards at home.
8. Make trail mix (using some healthier things too like pretzels and nuts).
9. Bake it into a cupcake or use as a mix in for cookies.
10. Use the M&M’s and Skittles for potty training incentives.
11. Donate leftover Halloween candy to your church, school, nursing home, etc.
12. Add it to an Operation Shoebox or Operation Christmas Child boxes, don’t use the chocolate though (see #6 for chocolate idea).
13. Aww…what the heck…just eat it after the kids go to bed. You know you want to!