This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A simple noodle bowl is all that you need to for supper tonight, this Asian Sweet & Spicy Noodle Bowl is perfect for busy nights.
I love to go to this little restaurant where I can create my own noodle bowls. Sometimes my bowls are filled with meat an veggies and I make a spicy hunan sauce. But sometimes, I create this simple noodle filled with rice noodles with a simple sweet & spicy chile sauce. It really is super simple and it’s almost like comfort food…just a big bowl of noodle and my favorite show. I love making this on busy work days while the kids are at school. It whips up in no time at all.
- rice noodles
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbls minced garlic
- 1-2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbls cornstarch
- 1 tbls water
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbls roughly chopped cilantro
- In a medium sauce pan boil sugar, vinegar, and 1/4 cup water until sugar is dissolved. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, sriracha, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1 tbls water and mix well. Slowly add to sauce pan and bring to boil. Stir and then boil for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water up to a boil and cook a package of rice noodles, according to package. However, they only take about 5 minutes to cook. Drain and toss with sauce.
- Top noodles with green onions and fresh cilantro.
Kung Fu Panda Inspired Recipes & Crafts
Are you excited for the new Kung Fu Panda movie? My friends and I created some delicious recipes and easy crafts/activities to help you and your kids prepare for the movie. These would make great Kung Fu Panda party ideas too!
- Asian Sweet & Spicy Noodle Bowl from Around My Family Table
- Jiaozi | Pork Dumplings from Bread Booze Bacon
- Printable Kung Fu Panda Inspirational Quote from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Kung Fu Panda Felt Masks from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Kung Fu Panda Noodle Soup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Panda Marshmallow Pops from Celebrating Family
- Free Panda Reader & Writing Activites from Simply Kinder
- Ninja Star Pizza Wontons from Home.Made.Interest.
- Printable Panda Puzzles from Life Anchored
- Black & White Cookies from Liz on Call
- Easy Tofu Lettuce Wraps from The Wetherills Say I Do
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans