Every time I buy a a can of mixed nuts, the poor little brazil nuts are always left in the can. I love these forgotten nuts, so I turned them into this Brazil Nut Fudge Recipe and added it to my list of my favorite gourmet fudge recipes.
I can’t possibly be the only one who has a partial can of mixed nuts in the pantry…only it’s no longer mixed nuts…it only has a bunch of brazil nuts left. These nuts are one of my favorite….I wish those cans of nuts had more in there. I have found them in the bulk bins at a couple stores, so you can easily get your hands on some if you don’t feel like picking through a can of mixed nuts.
I think this fudge is best with the unsalted brazil nuts, but if only have salted nuts just dust them off a little and go for it! It will be delicious either way!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped brazil nuts
- pinch of salt
- Heat milk in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl and pour warm milk over the chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds-1 minute. Stir mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the milk. Add vanilla, salt, and chopped nuts.
- Pour into an 8x8 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper or foil. Place in refrigerator for several hours to firm.
- Once firm, remove from pan and cut into 64 pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 55 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.