This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Sweet, crunchy, chocolate-y, and bursting with cashews….my Cashew Toffee Brittle Recipe will make you a homemade candy making convert!
I have a new love of every easy toffee recipe I find and I’m excited to share them all with you, but I couldn’t wait any longer and had to share this Cashew Toffee Brittle Recipe today on National Buttercrunch Day.
Buttercrunch and Toffee are pretty much the same thing, but I’ve mostly just seen buttercrunch made with almonds. Once you make this you might be slightly obsessed with making your own candy at home.
You will need a candy thermometer and it does require active stirring for 15 minutes or so. Do not step away…you don’t want to miss the Hard Crack stage and ruin a perfectly good pot of butter and sugar! There is a method for doing this without the thermometer, but it’s just easier to use the thermometer and they are pretty cheap to get.
What I love the most, is that I am able to control the ingredients….if I want organic toffee I can make that. If I want the best possible chocolate, I can make that. I don’t have to worry about the crazy ingredients found in store bought toffee.
- 1 cup (8 oz.) butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces, roughly chopped
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 13"x9" jellyroll pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium-high heat until you reach the hard-crack stage (300°F...you will need a candy thermometer) stirring constantly and watching carefully (about 15 minutes or so).
- Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let the heat of the butter/sugar mixture melt the chocolate. Spread gently to cover cooling butter/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with nuts, pressing them gently into chocolate. Let stand 2-3 hours or chill 30 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans