This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I love these easy and delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins that are low in fat and so will you!
As you know, I love to cook and bake I’ve been scouring the Internet for recipes I could make that would still be okay for my new gluten free/dairy free lifestyle. Then I remembered that many years ago, a friend gave me printouts of recipes that she loved so I started to dig through them until I found one that I had to make. The problem for me was that I needed to transform it into a gluten free and dairy free recipe and hope it still worked.
Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
Well, it does and these chocolate muffins are to-die-for. It was hard to eat just one, but I gathered up all my willpower and stuck to my healthy eating plan.
So, make up a batch of these muffins… eat one for breakfast or dessert and then freeze the rest for another day. A little chocolate muffin is always a good thing and the best part is that I’m able to enjoy it without worrying that I’m going to break my diet.
I love baked goods for breakfast, like my gluten free Banana Walnut Scones…they are to-die-for! You have to give them a try….especially if you’re a sweet breakfast kind of person!
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free AP Flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix lightly, then add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not beat.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve warm.
- Store remaining muffins in a zip-top baggie in the fridge or freezer.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 167Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 168mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans