This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I love these easy and delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins that are low in fat and so will you!
As you know, I love to cook and bake I’ve been scouring the Internet for recipes I could make that would still be okay for my new gluten free/dairy free lifestyle. Then I remembered that many years ago, a friend gave me printouts of recipes that she loved so I started to dig through them until I found one that I had to make. The problem for me was that I needed to transform it into a gluten free and dairy free recipe and hope it still worked.
Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
Well, it does and these chocolate muffins are to-die-for. It was hard to eat just one, but I gathered up all my willpower and stuck to my healthy eating plan.
So, make up a batch of these muffins… eat one for breakfast or dessert and then freeze the rest for another day. A little chocolate muffin is always a good thing and the best part is that I’m able to enjoy it without worrying that I’m going to break my diet.
I love baked goods for breakfast, like my gluten free Banana Walnut Scones…they are to-die-for! You have to give them a try….especially if you’re a sweet breakfast kind of person!
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free AP Flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix lightly, then add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not beat.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve warm.
- Store remaining muffins in a zip-top baggie in the fridge or freezer.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 167Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 168mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.