This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This decadent twist on Rice Krispies Treats marry bright cherry flavor with luscious chocolate. These Chocolate Covered Cherry Rice Krispies Treats are so inviting, you’ll want them all to yourself!
Okay, I know it’s becoming pretty clear that I am addicted to Rice Krispies Treats. I can’t help it! They are easier than easy to make, and with a few swaps they are gluten and dairy free. Come on, who can resist a dessert that tastes so ooey gooey and are allergy friendly? My latest adventure in krispies land involves chocolate covered cherries. The cherry jello makes it so bright, that they would also be perfectly festive too. A layer of chocolate takes it over the top in more ways than one.
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
- 4 tbsp butter (regular or Earth Balance)
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (or use a gluten-free brand like malt o' meal)
- 4 oz. package cherry jello
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in jello powder. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet.
- While treats cool, melt chocolate chips with shortening for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and melted. Heat in 15 second bursts if needed for a creamy consistency. Drizzle over cooled cherry krispies treats.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 144 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.