My favorite part of the holidays is making pecan pie! It’s my all time favorite dessert. Sometimes, the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas you might find me having a piece for breakfast. I know…so bad but that is the only time I have it, so I take advantage of the opportunity. Unfortunately, I’m not quite ready to part with my family’s recipe for a good ol’ southern pecan pie…so I thought I would come up with a fun spin on my favorite. This dessert will have it’s own place at the table this year…it is super good and easy to make.
The chocolate adds a nice flavor to the traditional dessert. I thought using a bittersweet chip was best as it really helped cut down on the over the top sweetness factor. It was just enough that it cut down on the sweet factor, but the traditional flavor was still there. And what pecan pie is complete without a huge dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream!
Take this to your holiday potluck, family dinner, or just make some for yourself! You’ll be glad you did!
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups lightly chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tbls butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pans). Combine flour, brown sugar, and butter in large bowl with a wooden spoon. Press mixture on bottom of a 9x13 pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients together in medium bowl until well combined. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool about 15 minutes and then refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm. Cut into bars, cover, and store in refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 5573kcal Calories from fat 2694|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 299g||460%|
|Saturated Fat 118g||590%|
|Dietary Fiber 31g||124%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #SocialFabric
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.