This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I don’t think there is anything better than a quick one-pot supper! Do you? They are perfect for busy schedules and our schedule is crazy these days…I think I’ve mentioned before about the tutoring, piano, Ju Jitsu, soccer, and Girl Scouts. All of this after school and all on different days. I’ve had to get creative with meals and I’m the first to admit that we’ve been grabbing take-out way too much!
The other day I revolted against my take-out mentality, took a peak at what I had in the fridge, and came up with this skillet pasta dish. It used up all the odds and ends of things in my fridge….I love it when that happens. I honestly get a little giddy when I finish off something and nothing goes to waste. Weird I know. If you haven’t figured that out about me yet, then I don’t know what to tell you.
A little garlic, a little chicken stock, a little sun dried tomatoes, and a lot of Parmesan Really…it couldn’t be any easier. My kids, who have become picky eaters, devoured every last bite of this. I wish I would have doubled what I made because I was really hoping for a little leftovers for lunch the next day. So I just made it again just for me (and I didn’t tell anyone).
I also love my new pan from Farberware! It’s made with Teflon and is a huge 5 qt cooker! It’s dishwasher safe (now, that’s my type of pan) and oven safe up to 350F. It’s nonstick and have a mentioned how huge it is! I made this one pot meal for my family of 4 and there was still tons of room left..I probably could have doubled this recipe with no problem at all. And so far, the nonstick is really nonstick. I’ve had to learn how to be more careful with my grilled ham and cheese sammies…I’m so used to just doing my thing when cooking, but with this pan the sandwich just slips and slides. No sticking at all! AWESOME!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips (fajitas-style)
- 1-2 tsps Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic (or just salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 oz Ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Sprinkle Blackened Redfish Magic on sliced chicken. In a large non-stick skillet cook sliced chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink. (Or just use leftover chicken and sprinkle on the seasoning while heating in the skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove any grease or chicken pieces from pan. Add butter and flour and combine over medium-high heat. Cook while stirring for about 1 minute. Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in chicken stock and half & half. Bring heat back up to medium-high and stir continuously as the sauce comes up to a boil and starts to thicken.
- When sauce starts to thicken, turn heat to medium-low and stir in cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is fully incorporated. Add in chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and cooked pasta, then toss to combine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 785mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 35g
Oh…any I have one of these babies to giveaway. Make sure to check back next week for my HUGE “Win Your Gifts” Giveaway Event! Trust me..you will want this package of over $750 in products to one lucky winner!
Check out the other great gift ideas on my 2012 Holiday Gift Guide!
Disclaimer: I was given a pan to facilitate my review. I was not compensated for this post; all opinions are my own.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans