Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies….oh yeah! I love the flavor combination of chocolate and coconut together. Add in the oatmeal and it’s a match made in cookie heaven.
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Don’t let those terms freak you out. These oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies are delicious and perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions. Plus swapping a few ingredients keeps them vegan if you need them to be. Sometimes vegan cookies can get complicated, but these are such easy vegan oatmeal cookies to make.
I made these cookies for a potluck so that I knew there would be something I could eat and for an acquaintance that I knew was celiac and would also be attending the potluck. Well, wouldn’t you know it, everyone loved them and had no idea they weren’t just regular ol’ cookies.
The Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Y’all….let me tell you. These are the BEST gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. In fact these were the first cookies I attempted to make with my new dietary restrictions and I just can’t stop making them. I was overwhelmed with all the new flours, additives, restrictions to even attempt a regular cookie…who knew these were my gateway cookie to even better gluten free, dairy free treats.
Ingredients for Perfect Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Having the right tools for the right job is always a good thing, but I also don’t like a cluttered kitchen. Here are some of my must have essentials for baking cookies.
The oats, coconut, and chocolate chips go nicely together . Everyone will love these cookies..if you decide to share. I promise…these Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a cinch to make and can easily be made gluten free and vegan if needed.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Easy and tasty gluten free, vegan cookies! The oats, coconut, and vegan chocolate chips go nicely together and even non-vegan and non-GF friends will love these cookies..if you decide to share.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tbls cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or butter subsitute (I like Earth Balance sticks), softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (vegan) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the oats, oat flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugars with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Add in egg or egg replacer and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture into the oat mixture and stir until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and coconut.
- Scoop out about 1 1 /2 tbls of mixture, form into a loose ball, and place cookie dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350° F for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies and place them on a cooling rack. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 237kcal Calories from fat 117|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.