It really should come to no surprise that I love rice krispies treats. Love is an understatement…I can make them in my sleep! I could also eat the whole pan so I usually make a small batch and then only when the kids are around. I wasn’t sure how my family would like these cranberry and white chocolate rice krispies treats, but they devoured the pan of treats in about 15 minutes. Yep, it’s safe to say that my family loves rice krispies treats too!
The tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness of the white chocolate go perfectly together, plus they are a little chewy and a little crunchy. All the different tastes and textures make these treats extra scrumptious.
The dried cranberries I used were lightly sweetened, but if I was making these just for adults I would have used unsweetened, dried cranberries for even more tartness.
I also used gluten free rice krispies and vegan butter/marshmallows/white chocolate chips…hey…I had to make sure I could eat them too. So even with substitutions they worked beautifully and were delicious!
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
Cranberry & White Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 0ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 /2cups dried cranberries
- 1 /2cups white chocolate chips
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Once the mixture starts to cool but is still warm, add the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle; using clean and greased hands to press into a wax paper lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Add a few extra cranberries and white chocolate chips to the top (gently press them in) so they show up nicely when serving.
- Note: This recipe works well with gluten free rice krispies[/url] and vegan [url href=http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=earth%20balance%20buttery%20spread&linkCode=ur2&sprefix=earth%20balance%2Caps%2C318&tag=arou02-20&url=search-alias%3Daps target=_blank]butter,[/url] [url href=http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1387769915252&tag=arou02-20&url=search-alias%3Daps#/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vegan%20marshmallows&sprefix=vegan+mar%2Caps%2C271&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Avegan%20marshmallows&sepatfbtf=true&tc=1387769918482 target=_blank]marshmallows,[/url] and [url href= http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=vegan%20white%20chocolate%20chips&linkCode=ur2&sprefix=vegan%20white%2Caps%2C131&tag=arou02-20&url=search-alias%3Daps target=_blank]white chocolate chips
- ©Around My Family Table
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3280kcal Calories from fat 1173|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 130g||200%|
|Saturated Fat 79g||395%|
|Dietary Fiber 20g||80%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.