This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
It really should come to no surprise that I love rice krispies treats. Love is an understatement…I can make them in my sleep! I could also eat the whole pan so I usually make a small batch and then only when the kids are around. I wasn’t sure how my family would like these cranberry and white chocolate rice krispies treats, but they devoured the pan of treats in about 15 minutes. Yep, it’s safe to say that my family loves rice krispies treats too!
The tartness of the cranberries and the sweetness of the white chocolate go perfectly together, plus they are a little chewy and a little crunchy. All the different tastes and textures make these treats extra scrumptious.
The dried cranberries I used were lightly sweetened, but if I was making these just for adults I would have used unsweetened, dried cranberries for even more tartness.
I also used gluten free rice krispies and vegan butter/marshmallows/white chocolate chips…hey…I had to make sure I could eat them too. So even with substitutions they worked beautifully and were delicious!
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Once the mixture starts to cool but is still warm, add the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle; using clean and greased hands to press into a wax paper lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Add a few extra cranberries and white chocolate chips to the top (gently press them in) so they show up nicely when serving.
- Note: This recipe works well with gluten free rice krispies and vegan butter, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips
- ©Around My Family Table
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans