Grapefruit Crinkle Cookies are on my short list of favorite cookies! The grapefruit juice adds such a nice tangy surprise, but there is plenty of sweetness too.
I love late winter/early spring in Arizona. The citrus trees in my back yard burst with fruit and I’m always trying to come up with creative ways to use the fruit.
A simple box of cookie mix helps these cookies whip up in a jiffy, plus all that fresh grapefruit zest and juice create the most delicious cookie. A little sweet and a little tangy! They are the perfect dessert. Just try to eat only one!
Grapefruit Crinkle Cookies
- 1 15oz box gluten free yellow/vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (about 1 grapefruit)
- 1-2 tbls fresh grapefruit zest
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, and oil. Dough will be a little crumbly, but should hold it's shape when gently squeezed together.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Scoop out dough by large tablespoon full and lightly roll into a ball and then roll in the powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and then bake for 10-15 minutes or just until set. Cookies should be browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Join my Weekly Newsletter
And get my Free Slow Cooker Resource Guide! It's full of recipes with 5 or fewer ingredients plus plenty of slow cooker tips!
Plus, you'll get access to my free EXCLUSIVE downloads & printables for newsletter subscribers.