Suppers don’t have to be a big elaborate process! In fact, several times a month I raid my fridge and figure out creative ways to use up the leftovers. Shopping trip days have recently meant we buy a big rotisserie chicken and then use the meat for meals over the course of the week. Sandwiches, soup, and pot pie just to name a few. I had just a little bit of leftover shredded rotisserie chicken in the fridge along with half a can of pineapple, and three spinach wraps. So I made Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Quesadillas!
We’ve had BBQ Chicken Quesadillas before, but the addition of the pineapple was amazing!
Do you ever have a creative leftover night? It’s fun and it would spark your creative juices to challenge yourself. Cooking is my creative outlet. I usually only follow a recipe for baking and hardly ever for something like this…so please forgive the lack of real measurements for this recipe, but I know y’all can handle it. And the best part is that this supper (or lunch) is only a 15 minute recipe!!!! Yeah for#15MinuteSuppers!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Quesadillas #15MinuteSuppers
- 4 spinach wraps (or burrito-sized tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bbq sauce (I like using a sweet heat bbq)
- 1 cup canned pineapple (chunks or crushed)
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Meanwhile butter one side of each tortilla and set aside.
- Place one tortilla, butter side down, in the pan and sprinkle half of the tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/2 cup chicken, and 1/4 cup pineapple. Drizzle with BBQ sauce while quesadilla heats up.
- Let quesadilla cook until the bottom starts to brown and the cheese is almost melted, then fold the tortilla in half (with the cheese on the inside) and flip over. When cheese is all melted, remove from heat.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas. Dip slices in warmed BBQ sauce. Enjoy
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1841kcal Calories from fat 860|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 96g||148%|
|Saturated Fat 36g||180%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Quesadillas by Around My Family Table
- Sausage and Zucchini Biscuits by Better in Bulk
- Chicken Soft Taco Roll Ups by Pink Cake Plate
- Easy Fruit Salad by Jen’s Journey
- Artichoke Dip and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Chicken, Asparagus & Herb Pasta by Liz on Call
- Hummus Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.