5 Tips for a Successful Detox
- Stay Hydrated. Water, water, water. On days I was dehydrated I felt so much hungrier and my cravings raged. When properly hydrated, I felt fuller longer and sipping on mugs of hot water in the morning helped with coffee cravings and digestion.
- Accountability Helps. If you can go on this journey with someone else, a spouse, your kids, a friend or a co-worker it will help immensely. My husband did it with me and his energy level dips weren’t as drastic so he got me motivated to work out and helped cook up some delicious meals.
- Meal Prep Is Everything. Without making menus for the month and making sure the fridge was stocked, we probably would have fallen off the diet. Preparation is key to this success, especially if you or your partner is in a work environment. I made my husband a healthy lunch every night while we were cooking dinner so he always had clean options available no matter where he was.
- Keep A Journal. By keeping a journal, I am able to share food ideas as well as my specific struggles along the way. I can reference back to how it went the last time each time I embark on a new cleanse, and it gives me hope to read about the days I felt lighter, lost weight or felt super energized!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up. Remember that you are doing this for YOU. For you to feel GOOD. To feel LIGHT and HEALTHY. If you mess up, it’s OK. Be kind with yourself and remember why you started it in the first place.
Until next time!
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.