Rise and shine with this delicious Jalapeno Bacon Egg Bake. It’s full of bacon, cheesy goodness and great for a late weekend breakfast and absolutely perfect for a potluck!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
This post is in partnership with Shamrock Farms.
My kids ask for it regularly including for their first day of school breakfast. Make sure to plan ahead by making the hash browns and the bacon the night before to be able to throw this Jalapeno Bacon Egg Bake together quickly in the morning. If you do, a delicious hot breakfast will be on your table in about an hour.
Egg Bake Casserole
I took this dish to a recent Bible study potluck and it was devoured so fast I almost didn’t get any. Don’t let the jalapenos fool you, it’s not spicy at all just the flavor of the jalapenos. Everyone (even the ladies who swear they hate spicy foods) loves this dish.
Even though this seems like a simple egg casserole, but the simple flavors of bacon, cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos blends scrumptiously together. Because there are so few ingredients, I buy the best ingredients. The bacon is premium thick cut, the eggs are from my own chickens,
and the sour cream….
The sour cream gives this egg casserole a cool, creamy goodness. The best sour cream starts with the best milk, and that’s why I’ve found Shamrock Farms Sour Cream to be better than the rest – because they start with pure, wholesome, nutritious milk (it has no added growth hormones). It is smooth and creamy and the perfect topping or recipe ingredient.
I’ve been out to Shamrock Farms several times, it’s like an hour and half drive from my house and it’s such an amazing dairy. I made these cookies with Shamrock Farms cottage cheese and they are sooo delicious.
Click here –> Easy Breakfast Casseroles <– to find more delicious breakfast recipes.
Jalapeno Bacon Egg Bake
- 1 (30 oz) bag frozen hash browns, prepared per package instructions
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno rings, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked chopped bacon, divided
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Placed the cooked hash browns in the bottom of the pan.
- Dice 3/4 of the jalapenos and leave 16 intact rings for toppings. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, milk, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Blend well with a wire whisk. Gently mix in half of the cheese, bacon, and diced jalapenos. When it is fully mixed, pour over the hash browns. Top with remaining cheese, sliced jalapenos, and remaining bacon.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 15 minutes and then uncover for remaining 25-30 minutes or until eggs have fully set.
- Note: For a quicker breakfast, use leftover hash browns and bacon OR use frozen hash brown patties and real bacon bit pieces.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 436kcal Calories from fat 286|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.