This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A little spicy, these Jalapeno Bacon Fritters perfect appetizers for parties, football games, or just because you want to.
I really shouldn’t admit this, but Hubbyman and I devoured the entire batch…by ourselves! They were light and fluffy and bacon-y! Is that even a word? It has to be, right.
I made these on a random Saturday afternoon just for a fun snack. But I think they would make a killer appetizer for a dinner party, tailgating party, or even a picnic. Serve with a little ranch with a little extra fresh rosemary stirred in for the win!
Keep them small and they will fry up light and airy. Getting them too big and they get dense and will have trouble cooking all the way through.
The fresh rosemary is such a nice addition to the fritters. It gives them a hint of freshness with the bright, clean herb flavor. If you can handle a little heat, leave the seeds in the jalapeno. Oh baby..that would be delish!
- 48 fl ounces canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour (gluten free or traditional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (soy based or regular)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, or cow)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- Preheat oil over medium high heat to 375F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder paprika, and rosemary; stir to blend. Add egg and melted butter; stir until well blended. Then add milk, bacon, and jalapenos and mix well. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup sparkling water to loosen batter. Add more a little at at time until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully, drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and deep fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 21.4gCarbohydrates: 10g
You know I’m celebrating bacon month..all month long! Check out these 7 amazing bacon recipes from some of my friends! I think you’ll love them!
Bourbon Caramel Bacon Jam from Bread Booze Bacon
Jalapeno Bacon Fritters from Around My Family Table
Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Kleinworth & Co.
Peanut Butter Bacon Balls from Forking Up
Bacon Alfredo Spaghetti Squash from Ashlee Marie
Raspberry Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers from Hey Grill, Hey
BLT Frittata from Cooking in Stilettos
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans