This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This Keto Walking Taco Casserole is an easy low carb appetizer! The pork rinds are deliciously scoop-able, plus cheesy beef in every bite!
Keto Walking Tacos for a Crowd
My Keto Walking Taco Casserole is really just a simplified version of walking tacos…but for a crowd. It’s similar to nachos, but you don’t melt the cheese (unless you really want to).
These are also a great option if you don’t have any individual bags of pork rinds or keto-friendly chips.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- ground beef
- pork rinds
- taco seasoning (packet or homemade)
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- cherry tomatoes
What is Walking Taco Casserole?
A walking taco casserole is a fun spin on traditional walking tacos (taco meat and toppings added to an individual bag of chips). It’s basically nachos, but you don’t have to melt the cheese…unless you want to. The walking taco casserole is great for a crowd or even if you just hate eating them out of the chip bag.
How to Make Walking Tacos?
Walking Tacos (& walking taco casserole) is probably the easiest recipe to make.
Cook ground beef, then add the taco seasoning. And finish cooking. Shred the cheese, cut the tomato’s, and slice the jalapeño. Line a small casserole dish with pork rinds/keto friendly chips. Next, add the cooked ground beef, then cheese. Finally, add desired toppings.
For traditional walking tacos, just open an individual bag of chips and add your ingredients. Eat straight out of the bag.
What do you put on Walking Taco Casserole?
- chips: pork rinds, Quest or Hilo chips, or Doritos/Fritos (only if you aren’t keto/low carb)
- protein: taco meat, ground turkey, shredded pork or chicken, keto chili, or beans (only if you aren’t keto/low carb)
- cheese: cheddar, queso, colby jack, monterey jack, etc (use your favorite cheese)
- toppings: add what you love on your tacos such as sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, jalapenos, green onions, olives, tomatoes, cilantro, etc
This appetizer is very customizable. Use what you already have on hand or pick up some speciality items at the store. I’m more of a “use what I have” kind of person.
Walking Taco Casserole (keto)
This Walking Taco Casserole is an easy low carb appetizer! The pork rinds are deliciously scoop-able., plus cheesy beef in every bite!
- 1.5lb ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 2 bags pork rinds (3.25oz each)
- 1 pack taco seasoning (or homemade)
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (remove the seeds for less heat)
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
Place the ground beef in a skillet and cook
over medium high heat until the ground beef is cooked.
Once cooked, make a pocket into the meat
and add the taco seasoning. Dissolve seasoning and mix into the ground beef.
Shred the cheese, cut the tomato’s, and slice the jalapeño.
Line a small casserole dish with pork rinds.
Next, add the cooked ground beef, place the cheese on top. (Optional: Bake at 350F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.)
Then add desired toppings (tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro)
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board:
Recent recipes you may have missed:
- Air Fryer Tajin Chicken Wings
- Keto Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- Healthy Layered Taco Dip
My Keto & Weight Loss Journey
I’ve lost over 90 pounds in one & a half years on a Keto-friendly diet. Read about my weight loss journey here. I’d love to have you join my new Facebook group, Everything Keto with Wendy (no keto police allowed). And join my Keto/Low Carb newsletter too.
Leave a Reply