This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I’ve always used my slow cooker, in fact I have 5 of them. Yes, I use them all. Sometimes, I have 3 of them going at a time…and that’s not only for parties. I think I might have a problem. An intervention might be in order. Of course, you might change your mind after sampling these bites of goodness.
Do you have a slow cooker? How many…..be honest! My sister has one, but she rarely uses it! I roll my eyes and shake my head in shame….I don’t know how she gets through life without using it.
These Loaded Slow Cooker Potatoes were the perfect side dish to a big juicy steak that hubbyman grilled to perfection. Even the kids devoured these potatoes. I thought I made enough for leftovers the next day, but there were none left. Guess I’ll be making them again tomorrow!
- 10-12 red potatoes, halved
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for garnish), optional
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 stick butter, cubed (soy based or tradition)
- tin foil or slow cooker liner
- Line a large slow cooker with tin foil or slow cooker liner. This keeps the potatoes and cheese from burning and makes for easy clean up. Layer half of the potatoes, salt, bacon, onion, cheese, and butter in the slow cooker. Add a second layer. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- When ready to eat, scoop out of slow cooker onto a serving plate and top with a little additional cheese and scallions. Check seasoning and adjust salt to taste.
- Note: I usually make this without the cheese and it's delicious.
Check out these other 11 delicious potato side dishes.
- Broccoli and Cheese Hasselback Potatoes by Big Bear’s Wife
- Spiced Sweet Potato Skewers by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes by Cooking on the Front Burner
- Garlic Parmesan Parslied Potato Stacks by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Green Chile Scalloped Potatoes by Thyme for Cocktails
- Two-Tone Scalloped Potatoes by Bread Booze Bacon
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole by A Night Owl
- Loaded Tater Tot Bake by Pink Cake Plate
- Bacon Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Sweet Potato Casserole by See Vanessa Craft
- Loaded Slow Cooker Potatoes by Around My Family Table
Recipe and Photos updated 11/12/15. Originally posted 6/1/12.
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans