This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Grab some chocolate, walnuts, and marshmallows for these quick and easy No Bake Rocky Road Bars. The are perfect for an after school snack or potluck or easy weeknight dessert.
No Bake Rocky Road Bars
Having a book full quick desserts and after school snacks recipes is the best. Plus…my pantry is fully stocked so these items are always in my kitchen so I can make these whenever my sweet tooth starts calling my name!
What does Rocky Road have in it?
Rocky Road is a delicious combination of chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts (usually walnuts). A lot of times graham crackers are added too.
The best part is that while traditional Rocky Road uses walnuts, it’s easy to swap in your favorite nut like pecans, almonds, or even cashews would work.
Rocky Road vs S’Mores
The biggest difference between Rocky Road and S’mores is the nuts. There are no nuts in s’mores and there traditionally are no graham crackers in rocky road; although recently recipes have been including the graham crackers in some rocky road recipes, like this no bake rocky road bars recipe. It’s still so yummy.
Rocky Road vs Moose Tracks
Y’all…I have to admit I’ve never had moose tracks but I always get the question on what makes them different. Moose Tracks is made with fudge and peanut butter cups so really the only overlap is the chocolate. Moose Tracks sounds yummy…but also really really rich with the peanut butter cups and fudge.
No Bake Dessert with Few Ingredients
I think my friends might call me the queen of NO BAKE DESSERTS! Especially if y’all count all that fudge that I’m practically famous for. I love being able to whip something fast with just a few ingredients and have it ready to go.
Living in AZ, no bake desserts are almost required in the summertime. It’s just way too hot to think about turning on the oven and heating up the kitchen and house. So I live by my no bake desserts. Even though I make a ton of fudge, I do love other no bake desserts. Especially ones with a handful of pantry staple ingredients like these No Bake Rocky Road Bars.
Watch how easy these Rocky Road bars are to make:
For the Crumb Mixture:
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the Chocolate Mixture:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
Make the Crumb Mixture:
1. Add all crumb mixture ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or silicone mixing spatula, stir everything together until combined. Mixture should be moist, but crumbly. Set aside.
Make the Chocolate Mixture:
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate chips, milk, and butter. Heat for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and smooth. (ALTERNATE METHOD: Use a microwave-safe bowl and melt on medium power for 2 minutes, stirring the mixture every 30 seconds.)
2. Pour HALF of the mixture (about 1/2 cup) over the crumb mixture. Stir well to combine and spread evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Add confectioners' sugar to the remaining chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the crumb mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Remove from pan and peel off the parchment or waxed paper. Cut into bars and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 38mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.