This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Whether you like your overnight oats hot or right out of the fridge, these Nutella Overnight Oats will get your day off to a great start.
I usually make fruit and nut overnight oats, like Pineapple Mango Overnight Oats, but kids prefer Nutella. And by prefer, I mean they scream for anything that’s covered in it. Nutella toast, Nutella biscuits, Nutella sandwiches, Nutella cookies…seriously they are little Nutella monsters.
Because my kids love it so much and usually turn their noses up to oats and oatmeal, I got a little bit sneaky. I started making these Nutella Overnight Oat jars for them a few months ago when I make my fruity oats and they’ve been very well received by my kids.
Overnight Oats are probably the easiest breakfast in the whole world. Just mix up a few ingredients in the evening, stick them in the fridge, let them sit overnight, and then eat in the morning. They are great warmed up a bit or cold right out of the fridge.
Nutella Overnight Oats
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbls Nutella, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 pint sized mason jars with lids
- 2 crispy granola bars
- more Nutella for drizzling over the top, optional
- Combine milk and 2 tbls Nutella in a bowl and mix until combined and smooth. Stir in oats until completely coated in milk mixture.
- In the bottom of each mason jar, add one tablespoon Nutella. Divide oat mixture equally into 2 pint sized mason jars and pour any leftover milk over the oats and add the lid and ring to mason jar. Let sit in refrigerator overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Top with crushed granola bars and a drizzle of Nutella. Enjoy this breakfast cold or remove lid and ring and microwave for 1-2 minutes to gently warm.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 895kcal Calories from fat 369|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 41g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 27g||135%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||40%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.