This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Once you start, it’s hard to stop! These SPICED BACON NUTS are addictive!
Before every road trip, I make up a batch of spiced nuts. Each batch is almost always different because I just throw in whatever sounds good at the time. This time, I thought bacon would make a great addition to my spiced nuts. They aren’t super spicy because I added a bit of brown sugar, but if you are super adventurous or love spicy foods skip the brown sugar.
These nuts would be great to take to the big game or Sunday football parties. Hubbyman says these nuts are pure evil. I caught him with a cold beer and bowl of these nuts while he was watching tv the other night. He almost wouldn’t share his bowl with me, until I threatened to not share the recipe with him!
- 3 cups mixed nuts (roasted and salted)
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add nuts to pan and coat with oil. Stir until peanuts are warm. Add in chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne powder. Stir in bacon and gently stir until well coated.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels for about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 263 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 264mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g
Check out some of these other delicious BACON RECIPES from my friends
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.