This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Once you start, it’s hard to stop! These SPICED BACON NUTS are addictive!
Before every road trip, I make up a batch of spiced nuts. Each batch is almost always different because I just throw in whatever sounds good at the time. This time, I thought bacon would make a great addition to my spiced nuts. They aren’t super spicy because I added a bit of brown sugar, but if you are super adventurous or love spicy foods skip the brown sugar.
These nuts would be great to take to the big game or Sunday football parties. Hubbyman says these nuts are pure evil. I caught him with a cold beer and bowl of these nuts while he was watching tv the other night. He almost wouldn’t share his bowl with me, until I threatened to not share the recipe with him!
- 3 cups mixed nuts (roasted and salted)
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add nuts to pan and coat with oil. Stir until peanuts are warm. Add in chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne powder. Stir in bacon and gently stir until well coated.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels for about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Check out some of these other delicious BACON RECIPES from my friends
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans