This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I know what you are thinking! I do, really I do! You are thinking that I post way too many Rice Krispies treat recipes. LOL! I can’t guarantee this will be my last, but probably my last for awhile. I still had some ingredients left over from the last challenge that I needed to use up before it they went bad. I didn’t want to make just plain treats….that’s not my style. So I dug and dug through my pantry and found some chocolate chips and almond bark! Light bulb moment!!!
I made St. Patrick’s Day inspired treats, but how easy are these…and so customize-able for any holiday or occasion. I’m thinking treats to match a birthday theme in my son’s near future. What do you think? Aren’t they adorable?
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 8 ounces almond bark
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp shortening
- holiday sprinkles
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet. Allow to cool completely and then cut into large strips (about 2 inches by 4 inches).
- Add chocolate chips and shortening to a deep bowl or coffee mug. Melt according to package instructions.
- Add almond bark to a separate bowl and melt according to package.
- Dip treats in chocolate or almond bark, sprinkle with decorations, and lay flat on wax paper until chocolate is hard.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Never worry about dinner again....
Subscribe to get my 5 favorite Quick & Easy dinner recipes and FREE weekly meal plans