I know what you are thinking! I do, really I do! You are thinking that I post way too many Rice Krispies treat recipes. LOL! I can’t guarantee this will be my last, but probably my last for awhile. I still had some ingredients left over from the last challenge that I needed to use up before it they went bad. I didn’t want to make just plain treats….that’s not my style. So I dug and dug through my pantry and found some chocolate chips and almond bark! Light bulb moment!!!
I made St. Patrick’s Day inspired treats, but how easy are these…and so customize-able for any holiday or occasion. I’m thinking treats to match a birthday theme in my son’s near future. What do you think? Aren’t they adorable?
Join me on my quest as I discover the most delicious rice krispies treat recipe on the planet!
St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tbls butter
- 1 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 pkg almond bark
- 1 16oz bag chocolate chips
- 2 tbls shortening
- holiday sprinkles
- Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Make sure your hands are clean and greased well to avoid sticking. Gently press your treats into a rimmed baking sheet. Allow to cool completely and then cut into large strips (about 2 inches by 4 inches).
- Add chocolate chips and shortening to a deep bowl or coffee mug. Melt according to package instructions. Add almond bark to a separate bowl and melt according to package. Dip treats in chocolate or almond bark, sprinkle with decorations, and lay flat on wax paper until chocolate is hard.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2391kcal Calories from fat 1151|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 128g||197%|
|Saturated Fat 69g||345%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.