This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Lighten up with a big bowl of STRAWBERRY & GOAT CHEESE SPINACH SALAD with an easy and delicious homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette!
I crave salads. I crave delicious and unique salads….don’t give me a salad with iceberg lettuce because I won’t eat. I love creating amazing combos and making my own dressing is a must. If you’ve never made your own dressing you are totally missing out. It’s so easy and completely customizable to what you like or have on hand.
Spinach is such a healthy option for a salad, it’s full of so many good things like Niacin and Zinc plus it’s a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Vitamins A, B6, C, E, and K. I could go on and on, but that gets boring. Just make this delicious Spinach salad and you’ll be a happy camper.
Strawberry & Goat Cheese Spinach Salad
Lighten up with a big bowl of Strawberry & Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with an easy and delicious homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette.
- 1 package pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, tops removed and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz honey goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- In a large salad bowl add spinach. Top with strawberries, onion, and goat cheese.
- In a small mason jar, combine remaining ingredients (jam, vinegar, oil, thyme, and salt. Place lid and ring on jar and shake for a minute to completely combine.
- Drizzle lightly over salad.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 215kcal Calories from fat 138|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.