This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
I just love the colors of Spring and Easter. The pastels this time of year are so pretty. I don’t normally have a reason to buy the colorful candies, but I needed a snack for a bunch of kids for a road trip…so I thought it would be fun. My kids were in a separate car, so it was easy to make a different version for them and there would be no hard feelings. If you don’t do dyes, then the plain version is just as good…really there was no difference!
My niece and nephews loved the mix and gobbled it up right away. Okay, I knew they would! It’s salty, it’s sweet, it’s crunchy, it’s colorful…all the best rolled into one little snack. Notice I didn’t say healthy. But we can pretend, right? All that plain popcorn and pretzels….at least I tell myself that it makes up for all that sugar. Besides, the calories don’t count if you’re on a road trip!
This tasty little treat can easily be made for just about any holiday since M&Ms are made in all different colors for the holidays. Or buy the single color bags and make a great party gift that matches your party colors.
To make these dye free: replace the M&Ms with chocolate chips and use dye-free sprinkles or omit the sprinkles all together (they’re just for show anyway).
Looking for more recipes with almond bark? Check out my White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries! They are gorgeous.
- 3 cups popped popcorn, without butter
- 7 oz. almond bark
- 2 cups Easter M&Ms
- 1/2 cup pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
- colorful sprinkles, if desired
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl with the broken up pretzels and M&Ms. In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the almond bark in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until bark is melted and smooth (follow instructions on package for melting).
- Allow to cool for about 30 seconds, you don't want the M&Ms to melt. Drizzle the almond bark over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat. The pretzels and M&Ms tend to sink to the bottom, so stir well until everything is evenly coated and well combined.
- Spread out on a large piece of wax paper, top with sprinkles (if desired) and let cool. Break into pieces and serve in a large bowl or package in individual holiday bags.
For Allergy-Friendly (Dye Free) Version:
- Use chocolate chips instead of M&Ms and omit the sprinkles for a dye free version (or find dye-free sprinkles).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 597 Total Fat: 36g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 304mg Carbohydrates: 62g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 46g Protein: 11g
FREE Resurrection Cookie eBook
Add your information to subscribe to the weekly newsletter filled with delicious, seasonal recipes and you'll get the Resurrection Cookie eBook delivered to your inbox.