These gorgeous White Chocolate Covered Strawberries make a delicious gift and are super easy to make. Skip the expensive mail order strawberries and make your own!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I had no plan to make chocolate covered strawberries yesterday, but when I went to the grocery store for salad fixin’s for supper these beautiful long stemmed strawberries started calling my name. Gavin, my 3yo, hates strawberries and tried to talk me out of them…hoping for some grapes instead, but I couldn’t pass them up. They were just gorgeous!
They are very impressive and you can do this! Even if you can’t find long stem strawberries, regular strawberries will work just fine. I have picked up a few tricks over the years that make these almost foolproof! And the best part is that they make great gifts for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Make them for yourself, your mom, or send your hubby the link….I promise…even my hubbyman can make these!
I tend to use almond bark because it’s so easy to use, but white chocolate chips work good too. Making almond bark strawberries are so easy and require no special skills. You can even by almond bark in a microwavable tray so there is almost no clean up.
Almond Bark Strawberries
Use a zip-top baggie to add the fun stripes!
Aren’t they so Beautiful!
Cool Instagram photo. Are you on Instagram yet? Find my at @myfamilytable!
- 12 long stem strawberries
- 16 oz white chocolate chips*
- 2-4 tbls shortening
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- paper towels
- parchment paper
- Strawberries need time to dry completely after washing, so plan ahead!
- Gently wash strawberries. Place in a single layer on paper towels to dry. After 30 minutes, move strawberries to new, dry paper towels and allow to finish drying. About 1-2 hours. They need to be completely dry or they will start to go bad quickly and seize the chocolate.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue cooking in 15 second intervals until completely melted. Stir in shortening (chocolate should be think enough to dip without clumping). Gently roll strawberries in melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper to cool and harden.
- Melt red candy melts in a small microwave container using the same method above. Pour melted candy in a sandwich size zip-top baggie. Snip the end of one corner off (the smaller, the better). Drizzle over the berries. Bag should be about 12 inches above the berries and use long movements to get a pretty look.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes-1 hour to finish drying.
- *Or use almond bark and omit the shortening.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3083 Total Fat: 171g Saturated Fat: 91g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 321mg Fiber: 21g Sugar: 339g Protein: 26g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.