Right now it’s time for citrus be in abundance here in Arizona so with that in mind I whipped up these White Chocolate Dipped Lemon Sugar Cookies.
These cookies are soft and chewy with a nice tangy bite to them but the white chocolate candy evens that out with a sweet kick! These cookies are so easy to make and are a great change from a chocolate cookie! Refreshing, tangy and sweet all in one little cookie!!
White Chocolate Dipped Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 oz melted white chocolate chips
- yellow sanding sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line to cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl. In bowl add butter and 1/2 cup of sugar, mix with electric beater or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and egg. Alternately add in flour and lemon juice until well blended. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and roll in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Dip bottom of glass in sugar and press cookies until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Bake until edges of cookies are lightly golden. About 10 minuets. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks to cool. While cookies are cooling melt white chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between until they are completely melted. Dip 1/2 of cookie in melted chocolate, shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with yellow sanding sugar. Let chocolate set. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1903kcal Calories from fat 806|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 90g||138%|
|Saturated Fat 54g||270%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you enjoy this recipe you might like these as well!
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.