This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Right now it’s time for citrus be in abundance here in Arizona so with that in mind I whipped up these White Chocolate Dipped Lemon Sugar Cookies.
These cookies are soft and chewy with a nice tangy bite to them but the white chocolate candy evens that out with a sweet kick! These cookies are so easy to make and are a great change from a chocolate cookie! Refreshing, tangy and sweet all in one little cookie!!
And we all know sprinkles of any kind make everything better! I love this yellow sanding sugar on these cookies so so pretty!!
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 oz melted white chocolate chips
- yellow sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl. In bowl add butter and 1/4 cup of sugar; mix with electric beater or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and egg. Alternately add in flour and lemon juice until well blended. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and roll in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Dip bottom of glass in sugar and press cookies until they are about 1/4 inch thick. Bake until edges of cookies are lightly golden. About 10 minuets. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling racks to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt white chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted. Dip 1/2 of cookie in melted chocolate, shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with yellow sanding sugar. Let chocolate set. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g