This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A beautiful evening calls for a beautiful meal, like this Grilled Lemon Thyme Salmon. Grilling the lemons takes this meal to a whole new level!
This salmon is so simple, but is bursting with flavor. It’s cooked on a cedar plank and then topped with grilled lemons. If you’ve never had grilled lemons then you need to ASAP. It totally changes the flavor into something amazing…not that lemons aren’t amazing on their own.
My family loves salmon (I could take it or leave it), so this grilled salmon recipe has quickly become a family favorite at our house. It’s pretty healthy too since there is no oil or butter added. It’s just some seasoning and lemon. Doesn’t sound like much, but I promise it’s delish!
Grilled Lemon Thyme Salmon
This healthy grilled salmon dinner is cooked on cedar planks. You will need to soak them for about an hour before grilling the fish.
- 12 oz. wild-caught salmon (4 filets, 3 oz. each)
- garlic powder
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 large lemons
- 2 cedar planks
- Soak cedar planks for about an hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and garlic powder. Rub each fillet with half of the thyme and leave on for cooking. Cut 1 lemon in half and squeeze each half over one of the salmon fillets.
- Place salmon on planks and grill salmon until it is opaque and flaky. About 12-20 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are). Keep a spray bottle nearby for flareups because the plank will probably catch fire a little bit.
- While the salmon is cooking, slice the second lemon into slices and lightly grill on both sides. It creates a whole other level of flavor for the salmon.
- Serve salmon over rice, with grilled lemon slices over the top and any leftover fresh thyme you have left.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
[…] Grilled Lemon Thyme Salmon […]
[…] My Family Table – Grilled Lemon Thyme Salmon This Grilled Lemon Thyme Salmon is so simple, but it’s bursting with flavor. It’s cooked […]