You won’t believe me if I tell you these are gonna be the easiest and tastiest gluten free (and dairy free) cookies you’ll probably every have….and they only have 4 ingredients. I know y’all will just fall in love with my Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookies.
Cake mix cookies…oh how I used to love making these super easy treats. I knew there must be a way to make them allergy friendly, so a lot of research and a couple trial batches and I knew I had to share these cookies with y’all! The problem was figuring out how to make crinkle cookies without eggs and by adding some additional flavors without a flavored cake mix (cuz we all know there are no fancy flavored gluten free cake mixes).
If you want to a couple drops of yellow dye, go for it. However, I prefer the natural hint of yellow that the lemons give the cookies. Plus you can see the specks of lemon zest this way when you bite into one of these amazing cookies. They are tender and full of amazing lemon flavor.
Here’s your warning…my favorite gluten free cake mix is the Betty Crocker brand, so that’s what I used. I have not tried this with any other brand as I find the other’s too gritty or lack any real flavor. (This is not a sponsored post for Betty Crocker…Betty Crocker has no idea who I am, it’s just an honest gluten free gal’s observation).
Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 5ozbox gluten free yellow/vanilla cake mix
- 1 /4cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 -2tbls fresh lemon zest
- 1 /3cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil. Dough will be a little crumbly, but should hold it's shape when gently squeezed together.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl. Scoop out dough by the tablespoon full and lightly roll into a ball and then roll in the powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and then bake for 10-15 minutes or just until set. Cookies should be browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 203kcal Calories from fat 58|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.