I think I’ve mentioned before that hubbyman loves a hearty breakfast on the weekends. This is one of those hearty dishes that he loves…and it’s super easy to throw together and let bake while everyone gets ready for the day. It’s great for Sunday’s when everyone is rushed to get ready and out the door, but you still want a good breakfast!
Last weekend, I decided to have my parents and family over for holiday brunch to meet our new puppy, Kirby, and see the kids. Yes, the pug puppy was the major draw for the breakfast. LOL! He is really cute! But it was really nice to get together for a relaxing brunch before the crazy holiday season starts.
If you need this to go together super fast, cook up the sausage the night before or use leftover sausage from a previous breakfast. Otherwise, that’s the hardest part of this meal….I’m telling you, it’s so easy. Just throw it all in the pan and bake!
Johnsonville and Ore-Ida were so nice to send me a bunch of goodies and coupons to use for the breakfast and they gave me a set to giveaway. My mom won my door prize and she was thrilled…she said she never wins anything!
Everyone loved the casserole and the sausage stuffed pancakes I made…if you’re nice to me, maybe I will share that recipe soon along with the homemade strawberry syrup I made! Heaven! If you need more inspiration before I get that stuffed pancake recipe up, check out the Sunrise Casserole and Amazing Muffin Cups from Johnsonville.
- 6 sausage links, cooked & cut into thirds
- ½ bag frozen tater tots (~16oz)
- 8 eggs, lightly scrambled
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz diced green chiles (~1/2 a can)
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put sausage and tater tots in a casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gently pour over the tots and sausage.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. Garnish with a little chopped green onion, if desired.