These Apple Pie Crinkle Cookies are the perfect combo of apple, cinnamon, and vanilla all wrapped up in a scrumptious cookie.
I love the ease and beauty of crinkle cookies. They are super simple if you use a box cake mix, but I made these from scratch using my favorite gluten free flour. However, any flour will work….so don’t freak out that these use gluten free flour…okay y’all!
There is lot’s of cinnamon-y goodness, a hint of vanilla, and the applesauce keeps these cookies extremely moist and provides a little apple flavor too! Everyone who has had these are surprised at how moist they are…and that why I used applesauce. If you want to go crazy peel and finely dice one apple and mix it in to the dough. You’ll love that extra burst of flavor.
Y’all…don’t these apple recipes look scrumptious?!?! Pop over to see what my friends are cooking up this month…
- Chocolate Chip Apple Pie Cheesecake Parfaits From Big Bears Wife
- Caramel Apple Shortcakes from Betsy Life
- Snickers Caramel Apple Bars from Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Caramel Crepes from Cooking on the Front Burner
- S’mores Salted Caramel Apple Nachos from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Apple Cheddar Tostadas from Thyme for Cocktails
- Apple Bacon Oat Bars from Bread Booze Bacon
- No Bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake from A Night Owl Blog
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Apple Pie Bars from Pink Cake Plate
- Apple Pie Chimi with Cheddar Cheese from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Easy Apple Crisp from See Vanessa Craft
- Apple Pie Crinkle Cookies from Around My Family Table
Apple Pie Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free flour (any brand with xantham gum mixed in)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 egg or egg replacer equivalent
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbls + 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Optional: 1 apple
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream together sugar, applesauce, and egg until well combined with a stand or handheld mixer. Add in remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and beat well. Optional, peel and finely dice one apple and mix into the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining cinnamon with powdered sugar and set aside.
- Using a size 40 (11/2 T) cookies scoop, scoop out dough and shape into balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated. Place on prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack so that they don't fall apart.
Don't Miss A Recipe!
And get my Free Slow Cooker Resource Guide! It's full of recipes with 5 or fewer ingredients plus plenty of slow cooker tips!
Plus, you'll get access to my free EXCLUSIVE downloads & printables for newsletter subscribers.