This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Brunch has never tasted so good, this Breakfast Ham Casserole is devoured and everyone always asks for seconds.
I love using tater tots (instead of uncooked hash browns) in my breakfast casseroles. They stay super crispy and crunch even after they bake up instead of just a non-crispy potato in the bottom of the pan. Trust me…it’s amazing! And the kids will go crazy knowing that you are willingly serving them tater tots for breakfast.
This is my go-to breakfast after the holidays because it’s super easy to throw together after a long day of cooking, plus is uses up leftover cooked ham. Or, just buy some cubed ham in the deli section and make this yummy breakfast all year long.
Isn’t it beautiful? I bet you wish you could dish up a big plate of this casserole today!
Breakfast Ham Casserole
- 8 oz chopped ham, fully cooked
- 1/2 bag frozen tater tots (~16oz)
- 8 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put ham and tater tots in a casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gently pour over the tots and sausage.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. Garnish with a little chopped green onion, if desired.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.