This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This delicious Cherry Sherbet is made with juice from fresh cherries…it’s dairy free and vegan, but you wouldn’t know it. It’s the perfect summertime dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
I made a delicious recipe using SPLENDA® Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Cherry Sherbet — a Gluten Free & Vegan Dessert
I love frozen treats in the summer and I especially love sherbet. Any type of sherbet! But this cherry sherbet is the most amazing frozen goodie I’ve had in a long time. Fresh cherry juice, Sugar, and some cherry jello are really the main ingredients. I also used almond milk to keep it dairy free, but you can use whatever milk you’d like.
I used SPLENDA® Sugar Blend so that this Cherry Sherbet would have less added sugar, but feel free to use just regular sugar if that’s what you prefer. It’s an equal swap! With this dessert you’ll be ready for any summer party…Memorial Day, 4th of July, or even a regular ol’ BBQ.
I can’t begin to tell you how easy this was to make and that using the jello really added a ton of extra cherry flavor. Don’t skip out on it….it made it perfect!
- 1/4 cup sugar or SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 small package cherry gelatin (Jell-O)*
- 1 cup fresh cherry juice
- 2 cups almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- Prepare ice cream according to machine instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a light boil and stir until dissolved. Add in cherry jello and keep stirring until combined. Remove from heat, add cherry juice, and cool mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Add milk to cherry mixture and pour into a prepared ice cream maker. Let it churn until the sherbet is thick and frozen. Pour into a container and place in freezer for a couple hours to freeze harder or enjoy a small bowl full before the hard freeze.
- Pick a brand of gelatin like this one to keep it vegan
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 74Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 81mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.