This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This delicious Cherry Sherbet is made with juice from fresh cherries…it’s dairy free and vegan, but you wouldn’t know it. It’s the perfect summertime dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….seasonal recipes in your inbox every week!
I made a delicious recipe using SPLENDA® Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Cherry Sherbet — a Gluten Free & Vegan Dessert
I love frozen treats in the summer and I especially love sherbet. Any type of sherbet! But this cherry sherbet is the most amazing frozen goodie I’ve had in a long time. Fresh cherry juice, Sugar, and some cherry jello are really the main ingredients. I also used almond milk to keep it dairy free, but you can use whatever milk you’d like.
I used SPLENDA® Sugar Blend so that this Cherry Sherbet would have less added sugar, but feel free to use just regular sugar if that’s what you prefer. It’s an equal swap! With this dessert you’ll be ready for any summer party…Memorial Day, 4th of July, or even a regular ol’ BBQ.
I can’t begin to tell you how easy this was to make and that using the jello really added a ton of extra cherry flavor. Don’t skip out on it….it made it perfect!
Delicious homemade Cherry Sherbet is dairy free and vegan, but you wouldn't know. And it has less added sugar too!
- 1/4 cup sugar or SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 small package cherry gelatin (Jell-O)*
- 1 cup fresh cherry juice
- 2 cups almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- Prepare ice cream according to machine instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a light boil and stir until dissolved. Add in cherry jello and keep stirring until combined. Remove from heat, add cherry juice, and cool mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Add milk to cherry mixture and pour into a prepared ice cream maker. Let it churn until the sherbet is thick and frozen. Pour into a container and place in freezer for a couple hours to freeze harder or enjoy a small bowl full before the hard freeze.
- Pick a brand of gelatin like this one to keep it vegan
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 81mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Can you use sugar free Jell-O?
Wendy O'Neal says
Hi Connie! I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Let me know how it works if you try it..I’d love to hear. w-
I love this recipe! I’ve been making pops and ice cream and don’t want to use sugar. This is perfect, and boy does it look good! I’m excited to try it!
T Marshall says
it looks delicious, but I’m not a fan of any artificial sweetener. Maybe I’ll take a second look and make this for my husband
This looks great! I have already copy and paste it to my file. I will definitely fix this for my family and not just for the holidays!
What about this is vegan!? Its not even vegetarian! Jello has gelatin!!! You might as well have made a steak and called it vegan.
Wendy O'Neal says
Hi Eli. There is a link in the recipe to the one I used that is vegan….do you not see the link? I used this one. Since most of the world calls that sort of product jello….whether you are referring to it as a brand or not, that’s what I called it. That’s why I linked to the vegan one I used. Hope that helps! w-
Nicole Dziedzic says
Cherry Sherbet! Perfect summer treat to cool down with! I love Sherbet, it is my favorite dessert go to! My kids would be all over this too!