Throw together is quick Chicken and Corn Soup using leftover chicken for a simple, yet hearty weeknight supper.
My hubby and kids are HUGE soup fans. Soup’s just okay for me, but I try my best to please everyone during the week and a good soup will make them all happy. So, I’m always trying to make a new soup for supper and I always love a meal that is easily made from pantry staples. It makes it easy to keep everything on hand for a quick supper on busy nights.
I, sometimes, serve this soup with these super yummy Cheddar Muffins that I shared with y’all recently. Everyone agreed that they went together really well together.
But we had a little mishap in the kitchen. I was letting Gavin (my 2yo) help me with supper and he decided that it would be funny to slide the lid of my favorite soup pot off the counter and onto the flour. Of course it shattered into a bazillion pieces. I’m so bummed….I loved my Emile Henry Flame Top Stew Pot.…probably more than I should have. I’ve had it for many years, so it was well seasoned and made the best soup. I told John he better figure out how to get me a replacement lid for Christmas. I’ll keep my fingers crossed….
Chicken and Corn Soup
- 2 cups (or 1 16oz can) chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (~80z each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated skim milk
- 1 1/2 tbls flour
- 1 cup leftover cooked chicken (or 1 can of cooked chicken, drained)
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot, combine stock, onion, and celery and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1348kcal Calories from fat 183|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 17g||68%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Sausage & Egg Rice Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Grilled Corn Relish from Cooking with Curls
Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Dip from Home.Made.Interest.
Fully Loaded Chorizo Meatloaf from The Creative Bite
Yakitomorokoshi from Nomageddon
Grilled Corn Salsa from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Mexican Street Corn Salad from Liz on Call
Chicken & Corn Soup from Around My Family Table
Mexican Style Easy Corn Chowder from A Simple Pantry
Join the newsletter
Get Delicious & Seasonal Recipes in your INBOX every week.