This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Forget caramel apples, these CHOCOLATE DIPPED PEARS will rock your world and become your new favorite treat.
These pears are so delicious. The sweet, juicy pear is such a wonderful compliment to the semi-sweet chocolate and the gold sparkles add a tiny crunch that’s really nice too. I’ve got a couple little tips to help your chocolate dipped pears look their best, so make sure to check out the recipe below.
These chocolate dipped pear slices are the perfect addition to any party…especially a gold-studded Oscars Party. The gold sprinkles really turn just this pretty basic dessert into a dessert suitable for the red carpet. And if you looking to host your own Oscars Party in a few weeks, then check out all these must have party foods and details for the perfect event:
Chocolate Dipped Pears from Around My Family Table
The Brown Derby from Bread Booze Bacon
Glitter Name Topper from Ashlee Marie
Printable Oscar Party Bingo Game from Play. Party. Plan.
Glitter & Gold Popcorn from Mom’s Messy Miracles
Oscar Party Printable Invitations from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
Garlic Parmesan Wonton Crisps from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Sun Dried Tomato, Pesto & Garlic Bites from Home.Made.Interest.
Oscars Winners Ballot from Sweet Rose Studio
Swag Bag and Oscar Award from Life Anchored
Champagne Jello Shots from Sugar & Soul
- 4 ripe pears (any variety)
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbls shortening
- gold sprinkles
- Wash and dry pears. In a medium bowl combine cool water and the juice of one lemon, set aside. Then place a strip of wax paper on a tray and set aside.
- Cut pears in strips, making sure to avoid the core. Dip each slice in lemon water for a couple seconds and then dry on paper towels.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Heat for 1 minute and stir and then continue in 30 second bursts until chocolate is melted and smooth, making sure to stir between bursts.
- Dip one end of each pear slice into chocolate and place on prepared tray. Do 4-5 slices and then sprinkle chocolate with sprinkles. Continue until all slices are dipped and sprinkled. Let chocolate set up before serving.
- These can be made early in the day for an evening party. They won't turn brown as fast due to the lemon water.
Join the Club!
Get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week! Plus learn how to take back suppertime in your home.
And get started with my NEW Take Back Suppertime 5-Day Jump Start Guide.