This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Move over pumpkin pie, this easy Sweet Potato Pie is amazing and has so much more flavor than pumpkin pie.
Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Pie
I know…more sweet potatoes! But I love them and I almost always have extras. Right after Thanksgiving, our friends invited us over and while the guys went hiking in the desert and the kids played outside; my friend and I ate and played around with some recipes. Lucky for me, she saved me a piece of her Easy Sweet Potato Pie.
It was wonderful! I begged her for the recipe (and I lucked out that she had taken a picture too). The pie has the same consistency as pumpkin pie, but the taste is so much better (yes, I am one of the few who don’t like pumpkin pie).
This sweet potato pie recipe with evaporated milk is from my best friend Janice, who write at Celebrating Family. She makes it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I’m always excited when she brings me a piece.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (Baked Sweet Potato Tips)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell (homemade or store bought)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add evaporated milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 35-40 minutes longer or until pie tests done. Cool on a cooling rack and then store in refrigerator.
- Make embellishments from leftover pie dough by cutting out and cooking on a small baking sheet while the pie is cooking (for about 10 minutes).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 4gSugar: 40gProtein: 8g
This nutritional information is an estimate may vary, depending on brand and type of ingredients used. It is not intended to replace the advice of a licensed dietician or physician.